Take a few days off during the winter to enjoy stunning views by Lake Bled and its surroundings. Just book a cheap flight to Ljubljana (we have listed the cheapest flights from London below) and you are all set!
Slovenia really is an affordable Europe destination. We have already covered the cost of traveling to Slovenia with our detailed guide in our travel tips section, so we won’t go into details in this post.
Are you ready?
This post will consist of:
- Cheapest flight options
- Most affordable hostels and hotels (same dates as flights)
- Airport transfer options from Ljubljana airport
- Hand-picked tours and things to do during the winter in Bled
Cheapest Flights to Ljubljana airpot (LJU) during the winter months
Directs flights from London to Ljubljana.
Cheapest weekend escape in January
Old Parish House (****) – [Popular with solo travellers] – includes Free Parking, Free WiFi, Airtport shuttle (optional), Bar and a very good breakfast.
Hotel Kompas (****) – [Perfect for a 2-night stay!] – includes free parking, free WiFi, indoor pool, bar, fabolous breakfast & lake view rooms (optional).
Hostel (e.g. Castle Hostel – Bled)
- Dorm from €10.99 ($12.75/£9.77) – price per night
- Privates from €20.99 ($24.36/£18.56) – price per night
Transport from the Airport LJU
We have partnered up with a lowcost shuttle service GoOpti that is worldwide known and can take you directly to your hotel in Bled. The airport is located just 36 km from Bled. The average shuttle price is around €13 ($15/£11)
Hand-picked tours and things to do during the winter
- Bled Castle (Buy Ticket)
Your visit to Slovenia wouldn’t be a perfect one without marveling at the grand view from Bled Castle
- Planica and Kranjska Gora from Bled (find out more)
In the middle of Julian Alps, right on boarder with Austria and Italy, lies these famous mountain Kranjska Gora closeby to Planica valley.
- Taste traditional slovenian cousine & Museum at Avsenik Brothers (find out more)
You are very welcome to visit Begunje, a typical Gorenjska village, where the world famous musicians of Slovenian folk music were born, the Avsenik brothers.
- Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle Small-Group Day Trip from Bled (find out more)
You will discover the underground world of Postojna Cave which is the most popular karst cave in the world.
- Vogel Ski Center: Half Day Skiing with Instructor (find out more)
Experience Slovenia’s most beautiful ski slopes; learn how to ski or improve your technique.
- Vogel Ski Center: Half Day Snowboarding with Instructor (find out more)
A snowboard school is the quickest, easiest and fastest way to learn the basics of snowboarding or to expand your knowledge and enjoy your winter holiday to the fullest.
- The Alps: DOBRCA MOUNTAIN (find out more)
Spend an unforgettable day with horses in the Alps
- Travel duration: 2-4 nights
- Departures in Jan & Feb 2018
- Example date: 27 Jan – Sun 30 Jan
- Example flights from London (Luton) to Ljubljana (LJU)
Please, note: We are surfing the web and compare various travel sites and engines to find the best travel deals to Lake Bled. We do not sell any products ourselves.